Saturday, July 11, 2009

Saturday Morning, where are the cartoons?

Adam here. It's saturday morning at 9:40 am and there is a surprising lack of cartoons on TV right now. All I found was Spongebob Squarepants and some bible-related show that didn't look particularly cool. I don't know the last time I was awake this early on a Saturday, and this time it's for good reason gone bad. I was supposed to be at work today at 8 am, but I slept through my alarm and didn't wake up until almost 9, and by then, working a 4 hour day had turned into the possibility of hauling ass and getting a little over 2 hours in, so I decided against it. Fortunately for me (take that, alarm!!) I have the most flexible job in the world and my boss couldn't care less that I'm not working right now.

Now back to Spongebob Squarepants. Apparently there is a greatest hits album from SBSP and on it Cee-Lo Green has recorded a cover of the theme song to the show. I have decided that its now my mission to hear that as soon as humanly possible.

Currently on TV is the video for Jordin Sparks' "Battlefield". Why does love always feel like a battlefield? Better go and getchyur armor. WHAT? First off, she should learn how to spell her own first name. Second of all, she owes any success of that song to Pat Benetar. And 3rd, I think the word "armor" is virtually impossible to use in a cool way in a pop song. If you can find an example of it used well, I'll give you a prize.

Time to mow the lawn.

I'm excited for our NYC show at the Annex on Wednesday, recording our new demo "I Want, I Want" the week after, and getting new t-shirts in the coming weeks. Wowee.

Adumb

1 comment:

  1. yeah... spongebob is 10 this year, so there is hullabaloo. and the lack of other cartoons probably has something to do with WB kids shutting down and cartoon network showing live-action shows now. but heck, i don't even watch TV anymore, I just watch the internet. :)

    ReplyDelete